We have a lot of projects that help students in TVET colleges. We are always looking for ways to make the education more valued and have TVET students recognised.
Some of these projects dont only empower students but lecturers also as they also get to be part of the projects.
Chinese telecoms giant Huawei and the South African Public Colleges Organisation (SAPCO) have partnered to cultivate ICT talent in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges.
LOTTOOVERALL PROJECT HIGHLIGHT
This highlights the achievements for phase 3 implementation, where the following milestones have been achieved:
- A total of 2414 people have been trained in SETA accredited skills programmes thus far, including developing and organizing a sports programme, and managing business components of a Sports Organization & Record Keeping.
- 210 learners across seven colleges are completing their studies towards a qualification in Sport Administration – NQF Level 4, or Sport Coaching – NQF Level 4.
- 193 clubs have been reached using the CLUBSMARTTM Toolkit, incorporating a grading process as well as a development plan.
- 26 clubs have been involved in the ACADEMY SMARTTM programme, assisting them to apply the Toolkit to the administration of a sports academy
- 750 College and community sporting staff have been trained specifically in either football, netball or athletics coaching.
- Nine Provincial College Sport Summits were held around the country, one in each province. A total of 37 Colleges participated and provided input into the policy and strategy for College Sport.
20 final Colleges have received athletics equipment packs.
The following highlights overall project target progress to date:
- 50 Colleges and their surrounding communities have engaged in the programme, deriving benefit from the training available
- 7431 people have been trained throughout the programme across a broad range of courses and organizational development tools.
- 5800 Learners have received SETA accredited skills programme training, over 2500 coming from community sports structures other than the Colleges.
- 1080 CLUBSMARTTM Toolkits have been provided to clubs, supported with relevant training and support.
- 26 ACADEMY SMARTTM Toolkits have been provided to Colleges, supported with relevant training and support.
- 473 COLLEGE SPORT SMARTTM Toolkits have been provided to Colleges around the country, supported with training and mentoring to build sport delivery systems in the Colleges and campuses.
VARIOUS OTHER PROJECTS
- National Student Fund
Student Leadership Programme
New SETA Landscape
- FP & M SETA
- Huawei Partnership
- ETDP SETA
- SAPCO and IOS – lotto
- VastraTech Partnership
- MICT SETA KZN: ICT Training for youth of KwaZulu Natal
To support, represent, promote and protect the interests of all Technical and Vocational Education and training Colleges in South Africa.
Address: PO BOX 7061, CENTURION, 0046
17 Kersieboom Crescent, Zwartkops Ext 4
Phone: (+012) 663 2145/49
Fax Number: (+012) 663 2243
SEND US A MESSAGE
If you want to find out more about us and what we do, send us an email.